Cleaning

How do you clean your headsets? I use microfiber cloth that came with it, but always have a feeling it’s dirty.

Here are some good suggestions from a post I found :

1. Wipe the lens and foam using a microfiber cloth, the same kind you would use to clean glasses or a computer screen. Dab the cloth into water or soapy water, when necessary. Even better get one of our waterproof VR Cover that is easier to clean.
  2. We recommend you wipe our waterproof VR Cover with nonalcoholic antibacterial wipes after every use and use alcoholic wipes just every 10 – 15 users. The residue from alcoholic wipes can be a bit harsh on some people’s skin.
  3. Use watch glass protectors or some other form of plastic to cover the lenses. This can help to prevent scratches.
  4. Keep your VR headset somewhere where it won’t collect dust, use a can of compressed air to blow it out of any nooks and crannies.

You can read the full post here, hope it helps
https://vrcover.com/virtual-reality-headset-hygiene-best-practices/

Most of the ones I’ve tried come with one of those small screen clothes - the really smooth ones. Sorry dunno what they’re called, don’t think they’re microfibre.

3. Use watch glass protectors or some other form of plastic to cover the lenses. This can help to prevent scratches.

Sounds like a good idea for people wearing glasses, but won’t that affect picture quality?

VR Cover has everything you need for cleaning including wipes and clothes. I would suggest getting one of the basic sets so you can replace foam and cover from time to time.

Sounds like a good idea for people wearing glasses, but won’t that affect picture quality?

No, it’s just like cover on your phone screen.

Is replacing cover and foam mandatory?

You don’t have to but you’ll probably want too. Original foam pads are not the best for sweating as they absorbs liquid very easily.And it’s easier to replace those parts than to clean them.

@Korry - I change covers almost every day. Have those disposable ones from VR Cover, it’s a pack of 100 and I think it’s a way better option than cleaning the same foam over and over again.