Patiently waiting for Acer's new HMD...

Hullo all!

I’ve used many different computer-connected head mounted displays at work, but haven’t had any of my own to work and play on at home. I do have one of those phone-holder HMDs for some fun projects, but it’s more of a passive viewer – I don’t even use a controller with it :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I’ve been following the Windows Mixed Reality gear since launch and I think I’m going to pick up a set soon. I really like what we’ve seen of the Acer OJO 500 so far – the adjustable IPD in particular is a big plus for me. It’s difficult waiting for it to be released though, especially seeing sales on older sets.

So, anyone have features they’re excited for from the OJO 500, or the Samsung Odyssey+ for that matter? I’m hoping to distract myself long enough with the good things to come that I won’t pick up one of the Lenovo Explorers while they’re on sale :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a great toy to have at home! If I haven’t already spent my for-fun budget for this year I would definitely get one.

Haha, cheers! I love exploring different party games, and recently tried out Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/) – I think it’d be really fun with a group of friends over, maybe after dinner when everyone’s feeling like sitting down and looking for something to focus on :stuck_out_tongue:

The sound pipes the OJO 500 is gonna have make me think it’ll be pretty easy for the HMD-wearer to hear game audio clearly without blocking out the people giving them instructions.

I love exploring different party games, and recently tried out Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/) — I think it’d be really fun with a group of friends over, maybe after dinner when everyone’s feeling like sitting down and looking for something to focus on :p

I’ve just went through some reviews and it sounds like so much fun. Definitely something I have to try. Thanks!

I’ve had so much fun with Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes :smiley: All of my family and friends liked it a lot too, it’s a great game to play if you’re having people over :smiley: